Adding an autoresponder
Add An Auto Responder
You can easily setup an auto responder using the cPanel interface.
What is an Auto Responder?
Auto Responders allow you to send an automatic response to anyone who sends an email your email account. When an email is sent to your account, the response that you have created will be sent back to the person who send you the email. This feature will not prevent your email from being delivered. This feature can be useful for informing customers that you are on vacation, or providing useful information when a customer submits a question or order.
This can be useful for times when you are on vacation or unavailable, or if you have a generic message that you wish to send for a support email address.
To get started, follow the instructions below.
1. Login to cPanel.
2. When the page loads, click on the "Auto Responders" link in the "Mail" section.
3. Next, click on the "Add Auto-responder" button.
4. Enter the email address you want to associate the auto responder in the Email text box.
5. Enter the name or email address you want to the auto responder to be from in the "From" text box.
6. Enter the subject you want to use for the auto responder in the "Subject" text box.
7. Leave the Character Set as default "us-ascii" if you are in the U.S.A.
To learn more about character sets, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_encoding.
8. There are two types of email you can send - Plain Text and HTML. Using HTML will give you more control over the aesthetics of your email content while Plain Text will not allow any graphics. Choose your option below:
To send email as Plain Text, leave the "HTML Message" checkbox unchecked by default.
To send email as HTML, check the "HTML Message" checkbox.
9. Enter your auto responder message in the "Body" text area box.
Note: You also have the option to use any of the following variables in your email "Body" text area box for both Plain Text and HTML email:
"subject" The subject of the message that was sent to the autoresponder.
"from" The sender of the message that was sent to the autoresponder.
%email% The sender's email from the message that was sent to the autoresponder.
10. Click on the "Create/Modify" button.
Was this answer helpful?
Setting Up A New Email Account You can setup email accounts using your cPanel control panel....
Change Email Account Password You can easily change an email account password using the cPanel...
Configure Mail Client You can easily configure a mail client to use any of your email accounts...
Delete An Email Account You can easily delete an email account using the cPanel interface. To...
Change An Email Account Quota You can easily change an email account quota using the cPanel...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution